[arin-ppml] clarification of Board actions Feb 2 and Mar 18, 2009

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Mon Mar 30 16:24:09 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 1:20 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
>> The policy in 2008-6 allowed
>> the Board to activate it by declaring an emergency,
>
> Er, what?
>
> I'm not aware of of any text in 2008-6 which required or even
> recommended that the board declare an emergency in order to activate

Lee,

I retract the above statement. 2008-6 specified:

   Timetable for implementation:

   This policy [...]  would be implemented when [...] IPv4 address
   resources in the ARIN Region reach a threshold of scarcity
   recognized by the ARIN Board of Trustees as requiring this policy
   implementation.

It was there in every version of 2008-6, including the ones that I
supported. I concede that this text could reasonably be interpreted as
requiring a declaration of emergency for activation.

The rest of what I said and asked stands. As I told Milton, this
particular question was the least of them.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004