[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2009-1: Transfer Policy (Using the Emergency PDP)

Jay Hennigan jay at impulse.net
Sat Mar 28 02:51:23 EDT 2009

Please add my voice to those OPPOSED to this policy for the following
reasons.

1.  In my opinion no emergency requiring action outside of normal
policy-making procedures has been demonstrated, hence the use of
emergency powers is completely unwarranted.

2.  I am opposed in principle to any form of for-fee transfer policy.

3.  Even if an emergency were demonstrated to exist in the case of IPv4
address space, the policy as written is not limited to IPv4 addresses
but includes all ARIN resources.

4.  The lack of a sunset clause causes the policy to remain in place
even after the emergency (which in my opinion does not exist now) has
been alleviated.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net