[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2009-1: Transfer Policy (Using the Emergency PDP)

Jeremy H.Griffith jhg at omsys.com
Fri Mar 27 19:04:35 EDT 2009

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 14:54:50 -0700, Seth Mattinen <sethm at rollernet.us>
wrote:

>I OPPOSE this policy because I do not see a demonstrated need to
>exercise emergency powers where the normal process would suffice.
>This is strictly my opinion based on the policy itself.

+1

I also OPPOSE this policy, for the reason above and because
the policy itself is fatally flawed by the changes made by
the BOT.  I've never been in favor of monetizing IP addys,
but stripping the sunset clause and adding V6 and even ASNs
is way, way past prudent.  If there is an emergency here,
it is one caused entirely by this unprecedented BOT abuse
of the policy process.

So far I have seen *NO* support for this policy.  Zero.
Zip.  If it goes forward anyway, it will be very clear
that the ideas of "consensus" and "community policy" are
mere travesties, to be discarded whenever the BOT finds
that convenient.

--JHG <jhg at omsys.com>