[arin-ppml] DraftPolicy 2009-1: TransferPolicy (UsingtheEmergencyPDP)

Bill Darte BillD at cait.wustl.edu
Thu Mar 26 21:23:18 EDT 2009

Kevin,

Please, briefly, explain to me your perspective.
If not a transfer policy, or market if you insist, what then?

What is your vision of how the community would move forward from here....through IANA free pool exhaustion, through RIR exhaustion....
What do people who consider that they need IPv4 addresses do when they run out....what do people do when they consider IPv6 too risky to their performance (business) or business plan?

What exactly do you propose ARIN and all those needing addresses do?

I'm not trying to be provocative, I'm really interested.  I've seen you express at length why a transfer market is no good.  Expose your thinking on what happens going forward.

Bill Darte
ARIN AC