[arin-ppml] large vs small?

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 15:11:28 EDT 2009

Milton,

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Milton L Mueller<mueller at syr.edu> wrote:

> [...]
<snip>

> I am not sure why the official priesthood of the RIRs

Oh Please! I have explained to you (on another list) that RIRs do NOT
make policy, the RIR community makes policy. I have explained this to
you many times.

Despite the fact that you are now a member of the ARIN policy making
community, you persist in the notion that RIR staff somehow make
policy. In fact, you somehow doubt the existence of said community
even though you are now an active member of same.

Can you explain how you can deny the existence of something in which
you are an active participant?  It doesn't seem very logical to me.

I have been an employee of an RIR, and I assure you, they take their
marching orders from the community.  I can also assure you there are
no "altars of non-ownership" that "priests" worship upon in RIR
offices.

Perhaps if toned down your rhetoric, you might be taken more
seriously.  If you have a policy proposal that is germaine to this
thread (large vs. small), I'd like to hear it.
<sarcasm>If not, I'd like to get back to my 4 byte ASN catechism now.
</sarcasm>.

--
Cheers,

McTim