[arin-ppml] [arin-announce]PolicyProposal: Transfer listingservice

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Mon Jun 15 11:47:06 EDT 2009

> --Michael Dillon
>
> P.S. craigslist and Ebay have cornered the market in listing
> items for resale. Why does anyone think that there is any
> point in duplicating their work, but limiting the commodity
> to only spare ARIN IPv4 address blocks?

I agree that CL and Ebay have a very efficient and somewhat sorted out
system and that reinventing the wheel is not necessary and would probably be
futile.

If/when and active market develops I would not be surprised to see eBay
develop a specialized brokerage such as they have for vehicles.  All it will
take is enough traffic for it to be profitable for them.