[arin-ppml] [arin-council] Returning Legacy Space to IANA. Attorney client communcation.

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Thu Jun 11 02:57:12 EDT 2009

On Jun 9, 2009, at 5:49 PM, Martin Hannigan wrote:
> Most large service providers in the region don't believe we're going
> to get a fair shake in the end. Hopefully, the AC and BoT realize
> that.

Martin, I know you are clueful.    So I'm assuming that this response
can't possibly be what it means on its face.

Can you name a large service provider in the ARIN region who doesn't
have miles and miles (on any yardstick of your choice) of extra
lenient space they are paying nothing for?    That the people who have
gotten the most for free are afraid that they might lose some of that
advantage isn't surprising.

That this could be seen as a Bad Thing surprises me.

And let's be honest, they might at most lose some miniscule amount of
their advantage.  They certainly won't lose even 1/100th of their
advantage, and certainly never even come close to a level playing
field.  What do they really have to lose?   And why do you express
this as a bad thing?

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek