[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Customer Confidentiality - revised

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Wed Jun 10 14:33:46 EDT 2009

> ISPs may choose to enter the customer's name along with the
> ISP's address and phone number in reassignments and
> reallocations in lieu of the customer's address and phone
> number.

This convoluted sentence is not plain English.

>  The customer's actual information must be provided
> to ARIN on request and will be held in the strictest confidence.

This is already covered by the RSA and does not belong in
ARIN policy.

--Michael Dillon

P.S. I'm beginning to think that the discussion would go better if there
were another policy proposal that included everything, broken down into
separate points, so that we could come to quicker consensus on which
bits are generall supported, which are generally opposed, etc.