[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Customer Confidentiality

Brian Johnson bjohnson at drtel.com
Wed Jun 10 00:09:49 EDT 2009

<snip>

> > For better or worse, we already have a huge exception for
residential
> > customer privacy. Extending this to allow ISPs to obscure whatever
> > data they want about their allocation/assignment practices is, in my
> > opinion, contrary to the public interest and certainly should apply
> > any IPv4 assignment larger than a /27 or IPv6 assignment larger than
> > a /56. It further should not apply to any IPv4 or IPv6 allocation.
> >
> > This is just my own opinion.
> >
> > Owen
>
> I like the idea of limiting this to long prefix assignments..

<snip>

What about multi-homed networks? Possibly some language that would be
either a prefix of x length or longer; or a multi-homed network. I
realize that, generally speaking, a multi-homed network will get space
directly from ARIN. But since this is not a requirement, the inclusion
seems reasonable to me.

- Brian