[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Customer Confidentiality

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Tue Jun 9 16:24:13 EDT 2009

> I am all for privacy, but reachability of an effective PoC
> needs to be maintained.  A PoC who calls a contact who relays
> a message to someone who knows who the administrator is
> cannot be effective.

That is precisely the situation that we have today and the
motivation behind this policy proposal. Today the end user
POC info is in whois, so a complainant emails the POC who
calls their contact at the ISP (help desk) who relays the
message to the ops manager who knows who the network or
data center admin is. By putting ISP info in the POC,
a complaint will go direct to the admin.

-- Michael Dillon