[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Customer Confidentiality

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Tue Jun 9 14:38:50 EDT 2009

David Farmer wrote:
> I'm fine with an ISP choosing the default action, but the
> customer should have a choice about their information, not
> solely the ISP.

I support this recommended change. I believe it should be up to the
customer, but the ISP (as the one doing the data entry) likely needs to
be able to set the default policy for non-response, as different ISPs
may have different opinions on what to do with a customer who says "I
don't care either way" (or worse "I don't understand what you're asking
me").

Matthew Kaufman