[arin-ppml] A modest proposal for IPv6 address allocations

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Fri Jun 5 04:36:12 EDT 2009

> This statement is not only accurate, but it applies equally
> well to the unreasonably high price of IPv6 space allocations.

ARIN's fees are set by the ARIN membership and are generally
at a level needed to sustain ARIN as a stable organisation
but no more. If you are an ARIN member and don't like the
fee schedule, then you should go to the arin-discuss list
and raise the issue with your fellow members.

However, if you are just a member of the public interested
in influencing ARIN policy, then please note that you do
not have any say in ARIN's fee schedule. There ain't no
such thing as a free lunch. If you don't cross my palm
with silver, then you're not worth my time. That free
advice was worth every penny I paid for it. Etc.

--Michael Dillon