[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Sunset Clause for Liberalized Transfer Policy

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Thu Jun 4 14:40:03 EDT 2009

> Having a sunset date will ensure that the issue is reviewed when the sunset date approaches.  The lack
> of data is actually a driver for this proposal.

I disagree with Kevin and oppose Owen's proposal. The sunset is inherently arbitrary and therefore potentially disruptive. As was established long ago in list discussions, it is mainly supported by people who don't want there to be a transfer policy in the first place.

Milton Mueller
Professor, Syracuse University School of Information Studies
XS4All Professor, Delft University of Technology