[arin-ppml] A modest proposal for IPv6 address allocations

Scott Leibrand scottleibrand at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 14:41:29 EDT 2009

FWIW, the IANA only got 1/8 of the IPv6 space. The IETF left the rest
to future generations.

/56 makes a lot of sense for residential allocations, but not for
assignments from ARIN. I think /48+ for end users with ASNs, and /32+
for LIRs (anyone who reassigns /48s) is still the right way to go. IMO
we just need to simplify our definitions a bit.

-Scott