[arin-ppml] IPv4 Run Out Proposals

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Wed Jul 29 08:24:01 EDT 2009

On Jul 28 2009, David Farmer wrote:

>On 28 Jul 2009 Chris Grundemann wrote:
>
>> I forgot to account for the End Policy; when IANA reaches 5 /8s
>> unallocated, we will drop to zero.  Allowing for that, maybe a better
>> set is: X=20, Y=15 and Z=10.  Or perhaps we should take less steps and
>> go from a 12 month window to 6 and then to the 1/4 maximum.
>
>How about we skip the 9 month window.  Go to 6 month
>window at 20 /8s and 3 month window at 10 /8s.  I think we
>need to get down to a 3 month window several months, at least
>3 or 4 months, before we get down to the last /8.  As you noted
>the End policy will basically take us from 6 or 7 /8s to 0.

I've just about got the new text ready.

But, I have another question;

Should Transfers to Specified Recipients keep a 12 month window or be
reduced down to 6 month and then 3 months like allocations from ARIN. I
think they should keep the 12 month window, but I want to know what others
think.

David Farmer