[arin-ppml] Spectrum and IP address reservations / More from NERA

Eliot Lear lear at cisco.com
Mon Jul 20 14:05:13 EDT 2009

On 7/20/09 7:48 PM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> At this point, anyone citing economic theory of any kind as
> justification for an argument immediately forfeits all credibility.

Even though current theories of economics perfectly describe the
behaviors of individuals and companies regarding address assignment and
allocation?  Ted, anyone who has read this list for more than a week
knows that Milton and Tom disagree fundamentally on a number of points.
Learned people do that.  That gives us the opportunity to listen to the
arguments, shrill though they might be at times, use our heads, and
decide for ourselves.  Any economist of any value could have predicted
our current situation, given the current policies.  We have not, until
recently, invited them to the table to listen.  You are suggesting that
we now disinvite them?

Eliot