[arin-ppml] 2008-6 Combined Wording Alternative

Bill Darte BillD at cait.wustl.edu
Sat Jan 3 17:34:07 EST 2009

I did not intend to say that ARIN would be involved in the agreement to transfer between holder and recipient.

My original proposal said explicitly that ARIN  would only be involved as a recorder of the transfer, not an agent in it.
Your wording seems to say that the holder would return the block of appropriate size to ARIN who would then transfer that block under RSA to the new recipient.  I avoided implying that ARIN would have any control over the block during transfer, just to avoid anyone thinking that there needed to be some protections with that.

As I said in my earlier post, I think the issue is semantic rather than real.

Thanks for you continued involvement and interest in making this proposal better...

bd