[arin-ppml] 2008-6 Combined Wording Alternative

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Sat Jan 3 16:08:32 EST 2009

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 9:37 AM, Bill Darte <BillD at cait.wustl.edu> wrote:
> Seems to me that Bill Herrin's version is clearer, but changes the proposal
> by stating the transfer of resources must involve ARIN as a transfer
> intermediary.

Hi Bill,

Are you sure that has changed?

In both versions, ARIN is the arbiter of the new registrant's
qualification to receive the addresses. In both versions the new
registrant enters the same binding legal agreement with ARIN
regardless of their agreement with the old registrant. In neither
version does ARIN evaluate or record the agreement between old and new
registrants.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004