[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Protective UsageTransferPolicyforIPv4 Address

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Feb 11 06:20:04 EST 2009

<michael.dillon at bt.com> wrote:

> All of these quota and reserve policies hasten the effective runout
> of
> the IPv4 address pool for all but the smallest ISPs. And any
> significant
> buying activity hastens the deployment of IPv6. There is a wave
> coming
> and those who catch it will survive; the rest will drown.

+1
... and I suspect that some current (major) players are playing a
funny game by putting up smoke screens in the guise of enhanced
noise/policy about IPv4 whilst they are quietly rolling out their IPv6
network in the background. You just need to do some tracerouting in
IPv6 space to find out.
Kind regards,
O.