[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal 101: Multihomed initial allocation criteria - revised

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Dec 30 12:25:08 EST 2009

On Dec 30, 2009, at 8:43 AM, Member Services wrote:

> The proposal originator submitted a revised version of the proposal.
>
> Regards,
>
> Member Services
> American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
>

> ## * ##
>

> Policy Proposal 101: Multihomed initial allocation criteria
>
> Proposal Originator: Chris Grundemann
>
> Proposal Version: 2
>
> Date: 30 December 2009
>
> Proposal type: modify
>
> Policy term: permanent
>
> Policy statement:
>
> Modify item letter "d." under section 6.5.1.1. Initial allocation
> criteria to the following:
>
> d. be an existing, known ISP in the ARIN region
>
> or
>
> have a plan for making at least 200 end-site assignments to other
> organizations within 5 years
>
> or
>
> be currently Multihomed (or immediately become Multihomed) and have an
> ARIN assigned AS number.

Why would you want to preclude the use of legacy ASNs and/or ASNs issued
by other registries?

Otherwise, I'm generally OK with the policy, but, would be strongly in favor
of it at 100 sites rather than 200 as I do know of ISPs that are smaller than
200 sites, are not multihomed, but, are legitimate.

Owen