[arin-ppml] Updated text for Simplified IPv6 Policy

Scott Leibrand scottleibrand at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 18:22:02 EST 2009

On 12/23/2009 3:13 PM, Michael K. Smith - Adhost wrote:

> Hey Scott:
>
> I've got some more comments for you below, with the understanding that
> I'm supporting the concept.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ok. <snip-snip>

> 6.2. Policies for IPv6 allocations and assignments
>
> 6.2.1. Allocations and assignments
>
> To meet the goal of Fairness, ARIN makes both allocations and
> assignments according to common criteria. Allocations are made to
> LIRs, and assignments to certain end users.
>
> Do we need a 6.2.1 here? Allocations and assignments are both defined
> below in 6.2.2 and 6.2.3, so this is redundant, in my opinion.

It's not strictly necessary, but I wanted to explain at a high level
that we're doing things differently than in IPv4, and creating common
policy for both allocations and assignments.  Since it's just
explanatory text, it can be removed at some point if no one finds it useful.

-Scott