[arin-ppml] The non-deployment of IPv6

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Wed Dec 9 16:07:24 EST 2009

Paul G. Timmins wrote:
> I have IPv6 though Verizon Business. If you need some contacts, let me
> know.
>
> Note that they use GRE tunnels, and they're using some sort of broken
> juniper gear with MTU issues.

They can do native dual stack now. I don't remember where I've shared
this before, but here's my sad IPv6 story, start at the bottom:

http://www.rollernet.us/wordpress/category/ipv6/

My opinion is that until turning up complete IPv6 connectivity is as
easy as IPv4 that we won't see IPv6 take off. Unless you're lucky to
have all clued providers, IPv6 is a massive time sink to get basic access.

~Seth