[arin-ppml] FW: SWIPs & IPv6

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Fri Dec 4 14:53:57 EST 2009

> Why is it necessary for people to generate these outlandish
> and nonsensical analogies that anyone with a half a brain can
> blow holes into, to try to support some point
> about supposed whois privacy?  Why do I even bother asking
> when I know the answer already - BECAUSE THE WHOIS PRIVACY POINT
> IS HOGWASH IN THE FIRST PLACE and the people pushing it
> cannot come up with a legitimate example so they make up
> silly ones.
>
> Ted

Again Ted has a point, however non-pc it is presented.

I would be interested to hear about how many brick and mortar businesses survive when they delist their phone number, take themselves out of the phone book, remove all advertising so nobody can contact them, and take all the signage off their store front.