[arin-ppml] SWIPs & IPv6

Jon Radel jradel at vantage.com
Fri Dec 4 13:56:38 EST 2009

Kevin Kargel wrote:
> What I would have a problem with would be if the contact were a registrar who could relay to the LIR who would relay to the top ISP who would relay to the secondary ISP who would relay to the company who would relay to the tech staff.  That could present unacceptable timeliness.

Though it can be hard to get the balance right.  If you go all the way
down to the company you sometimes end up talking to people who have no
background to comprehend what is going on.  I remember one surreal
conversation with a contact who never did manage to move beyond the "who
are you and where did you get my number" stage to deal with the "one of
the PCs in your address block has a worm that's sending documents off
the disk to all the addresses it can find and you might not want
everyone getting these rather interesting documents about your paving
bids to local governments that are popping out on my end" stage.  I
suspect a call from her ISP would have been a touch more comprehensible
to her.

--Jon Radel