[arin-ppml] SWIPs & IPv6

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Fri Dec 4 13:39:36 EST 2009

> Your best bet for getting people to voluntarly comply is to assure them
> that any information they provide will only be divulged on a need to know
> basis and only then only the minimum information neccesary for the task.
> Let them use thier ISP's or other trusted agents as Gatekeepers for thier
> info where appropriate.

I have no problem with the Tech contact not being an individual, in fact so long as it is responsive I would prefer it to be a role account.  Having individual contact info for Joe Geek does me no good if he is on vacation sunning on a beach in Bermuda or laid up with H1N1.

I also have no problem with the contact being a gatekeeper, so long as it is reasonably proximate to a responsive cognizant office.

What I would have a problem with would be if the contact were a registrar who could relay to the LIR who would relay to the top ISP who would relay to the secondary ISP who would relay to the company who would relay to the tech staff.  That could present unacceptable timeliness.