[arin-ppml] SWIPs & IPv6

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Dec 1 06:53:15 EST 2009

On Dec 1, 2009, at 12:25 AM, Stan Barber wrote:

> Owen,
>
> How real is the risk of being audited?
>
> I am not asking that flippantly. I just wonder if ARIN has ever audited and if so, what was the reason? Was it because of bad SWIP information?

Stan -

  The resource review policy is relatively new, but ARIN has indeed been making use of when we see strong indication of fraudulent activities or related misappropriation of number resources.

  While in theory resource review could be performed for any reason (including lax updates to SWIP information), it has been our practice to only make use of it where that the community is potentially being deprived of the use of numbering resources.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN