[arin-ppml] Update on 2009-3: Global Policy for the Allocationof IPv4 Blocks to RIRs

Scott Leibrand scottleibrand at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 16:38:28 EDT 2009

Kevin Kargel wrote:
> [...]

This sentence is more than a suggestion, because it is needed to define
"designated address space" for use in the subsequent sentence: "Each RIR
shall at quarterly intervals return any such designated address space to
the IANA in aggregated blocks of /24 or larger, for inclusion in the
recovered IPv4 pool."

While turning onto the freeway on-ramp may be optional, once you've done
so you MUST continue to the next exit.

All of the options under discussion basically do the same thing,
AFAICT.  We're just trying to come up with the best language to express it.

-Scott