[arin-ppml] Does this apply to Transfers too?

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Tue Apr 21 15:40:34 EDT 2009

Many years ago I worked in A/P in a publically-held corporation and
WAS under auditing.  This was pre-SOX but the fact of the matter is that
SOX really only codified what any GAAP-compliant and well-run
publically-held company was already doing.  It really is no big deal
if your corporate culture already demands accountability.

I also feel compelled to point out that all those US banks that
we bailed out with TARP last year were under Sarbanes-Oxley for the
last 6 years and yet they still had to be bailed out due to outright
lying and cheating on their financials.  And how many convictions
have we seen from the SEC to any of those CEO's?

I would like to believe that the requirement will cause the rest
of the crowd who are under SOX but aren't compliant with it to
clean up their IP act, but I think the reality is that it's not
going to make a difference.

Ted