[arin-ppml] Does this apply to Transfers too?

Scott Leibrand scottleibrand at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 14:20:38 EDT 2009

Dan.Thorson at seagate.com wrote:

>> It's worth noting that the attestation requirement is for "an officer"
>> to sign it, not for "the CEO".  So in this example (and in companies
>> like ours), you would probably want to give ARIN the CTO as the officer
>> to contact for attestation.
>>

> Scott,
> Replace all instances of CEO in my previous email with CTO.  Same applies.

Agreed.  In larger companies, the process of getting an officer's
attention long enough to explain this whole IP request thing will be
more difficult. In many cases, the difficulty will in fact be roughly
proportional to the size of the IP request.  In any event, ARIN won't be
sending the officer anything until you (the requestor) give them the
officer's e-mail address, though, so you should be able to go through
whatever internal procedure is required to appropriately escalate the
issue and get the officer (and his admin, if necessary) up to speed
before the e-mail from ARIN comes in.  But as John put it, "the
importance of insuring accurate need-based applications is paramount",
and this new procedure should help reduce waste and inefficient use of
IPv4 addresses as we approach exhaustion.

-Scott