[arin-ppml] Does this apply to Transfers too?

Michael K. Smith - Adhost mksmith at adhost.com
Tue Apr 21 11:56:34 EDT 2009

Hello John:

-----Original Message-----
From: arin-ppml-bounces at arin.net [mailto:arin-ppml-bounces at arin.net] On
Behalf Of John Curran
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 8:32 AM
To: Dan.Thorson at seagate.com
Cc: ARIN PPML
Subject: Re: [arin-ppml] Does this apply to Transfers too?

On Apr 21, 2009, at 10:38 AM, Dan.Thorson at seagate.com wrote:
> Huh?  You think the CEO of any large company would actually be
> involved in
> an IP addr request or transfer?

If the organization wants to receive an allocation of an increasingly
scarce global resource, they'll need to make some officer available to
state that the application is accurate.  While this may be difficult
in larger organizations, the importance of insuring accurate need-based
applications is paramount.

/John

John Curran
Acting CEO
ARIN

[Michael K. Smith - Adhost]

What if the person requesting the block is an Officer in the company?
We're small and I'm the CTO/CISO and I do the requests for space.  Would
I be a valid respondent to the secondary inquiry or is this a matter of
vetting through a second, discrete individual?

Regards,

Mike