[arin-ppml] Revised -- Policy Proposal 2009-4: IPv4 Recovery Fund

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Mon Apr 13 11:10:14 EDT 2009

i have been keeping out of this unbelievable poolpah.  but you've been a
sane on eover the years and your simple message just caught me.

> This is why I supported 2008-6.  It is simple and unambiguous.   Most of
> the arguments that you've made in support of 2009-4 also apply to 2008-6
> and the latter has the advantage that it's exactly two sentences long.

even if i disagreed with a policy, that the arin culture could produce a
policy that was only two sentences would warrant a standing ovation.

in this case, one can actually read and understand it.  undoubtedly the
folk in the black helicopters can find holes, nothing is without holes [0].

> my vote is to keep ARIN out of the middle of transfers.  In my
> opinion, ARIN's goal should be to make the database as accurate as
> possible, and very little else; take the time and money that would be
> spent playing matchmaker and use it to validate POC data or promote v6
> instead.

eminently sensible.

randy