[arin-ppml] IPv6 Backbone Anecdotes

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Wed Apr 8 20:59:36 EDT 2009

Ron Cleven wrote:
> Anecdotally, it sounds like the IPv6 transition is moving right along.

We have transit from AboveNet. I asked in August of 2008 and the answer
was "we do not have an IPv6 offering at this time... don't have any sort
of timeline". I asked again in March of 2009 and the answer was
"planning the design... more on this in a few months".

Of course I have too many NPE-200 and NPE-300 on 7200-series routers in
my network, too, so it isn't like it would be cost-free even if I could
upgrade without switching transit providers.

The tunnels I have at home work pretty well, at least.

Matthew Kaufman