[arin-ppml] "Could the Internet run out of space?" (CNN quotes from Ben Edelman)

Scott Beuker Scott.Beuker at sjrb.ca
Fri Apr 3 17:15:36 EDT 2009

> What brilliant comments.

Thank you, and might I say it's very classy of you to be able to discuss
things
like this without letting your emotions get the better of you. Your
civility is
refreshing.

> And if we don't allow transfers, then scarce
> IPv4 addresses become less scarce, and less expensive?

Correct, I like to call this approach "dissuading hoarding", or if you
wish,
"not flailing about desperately and making things worse than they
already are".

> And it is
> costless to instantly migrate to IPv6?

Not for most, but that's totally irrelevant to this discussion.

> Milton Mueller

Scott Beuker