[arin-ppml] Looking at just the pro and con merits of 2009-1 review

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Fri Apr 3 16:43:29 EDT 2009

Revisions and improvements of a transfer policy can be done without a sunset. Absent a sunset, there would have to be clear consensus that a problem existed and that proposed revisions solved those problems before any action was taken, which is good. A sunset simply invites the original opponents of the policy to reiterate their ideological opposition another 20 times after 3 years. No thanks. No sunset.