[arin-ppml] FW: Timeline for 2008-6 and 2009-1

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Fri Apr 3 12:56:33 EDT 2009

On Apr 3, 2009, at 12:33 PM, Seth Mattinen wrote:
> So, even though there is plenty of opposition to this policy, it
> doesn't
> matter what anyone thinks and it's going to get adopted anyway.

Are you referring to 2008-6 or 2009-1?

> Someone must have threatened to challenge ARIN's right to manage IP
> addresses
> for this to be pushed through without a care in the world of what's
> best
> for the community at large. That's why we're here, we're the
> community.
> I personally don't care what's best for ARIN, only what best serves
> the
> community.

Actually, the exact opposite: the Board needs to worry precisely
about how to best serve the community via its mission.

> The board may be entitled to do whatever they want, but breaking the
> illusion that what we think matters is a dangerous road to go down.

The community is crucial to the process, as I noted:
>>   The issues raised by 2009-1 should be discussed here on this
>>   list, at public policy meeting in San Antonio, and by the AC
>>   in their deliberations.  The Board will need to weigh all of
>>   these to determine if any policy changes are needed.

which is no different than has been done for the last 10 years
of ARIN's existence...

/John