[arin-ppml] 2008-6: Emergency Transfer Policy for IPv4 Addresses

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Mon Sep 29 20:23:14 EDT 2008

Why is this a problem?

If the RIR can't contact them, then the block is determined to
be rogue and it becomes available for reassignment.

I cannot prevent people from squatting in that empty house down
the street but when property values go up I can buy that lot
and bulldoze the house and do what I want with the lot, and the
squatters will just have to kiss off.

Ted