[arin-ppml] 2008-6: Emergency Transfer Policy for IPv4 Addresses

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Mon Sep 29 16:50:03 EDT 2008

> I can easily outline a proposal, I don't think ARIN needs to
> do it.  ARIN is already doing the job and doing a darned fine
> job at that.
>
> Things are great the way they are.  We don't need to change it.

In other words, there is already a system in place for transfering
address blocks which has been exercised numerous times. Any organization
which no longer needs addresses, returns them to ARIN. Any organization
that needs addresses, applies to ARIN and gets some, which may
have earlier been allocated to a different organization.

No new policy is needed.

--Michael Dillon