[arin-ppml] 2008-6: Emergency Transfer Policy for IPv4 Addresses

John Schnizlein schnizlein at isoc.org
Mon Sep 29 16:20:50 EDT 2008

On 2008Sep29, at 3:56 PM, Scott Leibrand wrote:

> Can you outline a proposal of how you think ARIN should effectuate
> such
> transfers?

I thing the existing proposal would work: the party to whom an address
block is assigned informs the RIR of its desire to transfer that block
to the new party, preferably wrapped in cryptographic saran-wrap to
avoid fraud.  The RIR performs whatever validation is specified by its
policy at that time.

I don't think this is any different for the "emergency" or the other
transfer proposal.

John