[arin-ppml] LRSA taking back addresses

Eric Westbrook arin-ppml at westbrook.com
Wed Sep 10 15:05:55 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 10:06 AM, Stephen Sprunk <stephen at sprunk.org> wrote:

> My understanding of LRSA §10(b) ("ARIN will take no action to reduce the
> services provided for Included Number Resources that are not currently being
> utilized by the Legacy Applicant.") covered that.  That is certainly the
> intent, though I agree it could be more clearly stated.

Thanks very much for pointing that out, Stephen.  Given the use of
"voluntary" in section 10's heading, I admit I probably didn't give it
sufficient scrutiny.

And now that I do, I think that might be exactly the kind of protection many
people are looking for.  Unfortunately, it wouldn't seem to apply to me,
since I'm actually using my numbers.

Ironic indeed that LRSA resources that are actually utilized do not enjoy
the benefits of §10(b), while those that aren't utilized enjoy them fully!

Surely this is a mistake?

> Still, if you want that protection explicitly in the LRSA, or my
> understanding above more clearly stated, that's a matter for you to take up
> with ARIN's counsel as input for the next revision.

I'll certainly do that, and thanks for the suggestion.  I'm not immediately
finding that contact information on the website, but I'll keep digging.

Thanks again,
Eric