[arin-ppml] A compromise on legacy space?

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue Sep 9 15:42:49 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 3:24 PM, J. R. Westmoreland <jr at jrw.org> wrote:
> I still have a hard time choking down $100 for my /24 address block when
> someone, say like my previous employer, pays that same $100 for an address
> space /16, 256 times larger than mine.

J.R.,

If it makes you feel any better, you're both getting about $8000 worth
of service for that $100. The service isn't from ARIN, but its enabled
by ARIN's recognition of your address block and is above and beyond
the service you could get connecting to the Internet with your ISP's
IP addresses.

http://bill.herrin.us/network/bgpcost.html

Regards,
Bill Herrin