[arin-ppml] the Transfer Policy Argument Space

Bill Darte BillD at cait.wustl.edu
Thu Sep 4 13:47:21 EDT 2008

Apparently it has always been so...to wait and not return the space.
Nothing has changed in that.

I also think that it is not in the interest of the industry for ARIN to
advocate for a 'paid' transfer market.
Indeed, I think it is in the interest of the industry for ARIN to abhor
it.

If people to not want to play nice in the sandbox, then someone else may
end up making the rules. Those that want to profit by not making excess
resources available run the very real risk (IMO) that the governance
model will change.

The rules are what they are, the tradition is what it has been,.... that
self-governance model and working together has been very successful.

bd