[arin-ppml] the Transfer Policy Argument Space

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Wed Sep 3 14:04:33 EDT 2008

On 3 Sep 2008 bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:

> > 1. IPv6 is a failure and can not succeed, therefore we must extend
> > the life of IPv4 indefinitely beyond free poll exhaustion, a
> > transfer policy is part of that;
> >
> > 2. IPv6 will eventually succeed, however we need to keep IPv4 viable
> > until the transiton is complete, a transfer policy will help keep
> > IPv4 viable beyond  free poll exhaustion;
> >
> > 3. IPv6 will eventually succeed, but only if there is a forcing
> > function to move people from IPv4, free poll exhaustion is this
> > forcing function;
> >

> David,
>
>  how about lets leave IPv6 (mostly) out of the discussion?

IPv6 has been a big part of the arguments I've seen, so I'm not sure I've will
to eliminate it from the argument space, but I'm more that happy to have
IPv4 only argumnets in the argument space.  And I like this one, are there
more?

David Farmer				     Email:	farmer at umn.edu
Office of Information Technology
Networking & Telecomunication Services
University of Minnesota			     Phone:	612-626-0815
2218 University Ave SE			     Cell:		612-812-9952
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029		     FAX:	612-626-1818