[arin-ppml] IPv4 is depleted today - unrealistic statements about IPv6 inevitability

Stephen Sprunk stephen at sprunk.org
Wed Sep 3 12:11:15 EDT 2008

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:
>  can't speak for the 30k ASN's out there, but the couple dozen I have
> touched in the past decade or so are perfectly willing to take a /25
> from me... most will not transit it though.

I think most of us would be willing to take a /25 (or even a /31) from
_you_ or other well-known folks, but the same would not apply to random
customers or peers' customers.  Even ignoring the issue of routing table
growth, just look back a few ARIN meetings at all the folks that shot
down lowering the PI bar to /24 due to fear of spammers being able to
more easily get address space...