[arin-ppml] fee schedule

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Wed Oct 22 18:02:23 EDT 2008

On Oct 22, 2008, at 2:00 PM, Howard, W. Lee wrote:
> Yeah.  I'm sorry.  I've spent hours trying to simplify it,
> to make it easier to read.  I took a day off of work to
> spend time with writers at ARIN to make it make more sense.
> The fact that it's hard to read already is part of the
> reason I resist additional complexity.

> I'm going to use several cases, even though most of them don't
> apply to you. . .
>
> If you're an end-user, you pay a one-time fee for your IPv6
> assignment, then $100 maintenance per year.  Most
> annual renewal fee is the same as the initial fee, but we've
> waived part of it for the next few years (waived 75% for 2009,
> 50% for 2010, 25% for 2011).

I actually do understand the pricing, but only because it has been
explained to me.  When you mentioned pricing had changed I went to go
read this page and got lost and confused inside it.

> If you're in the latter category, I could speculate on why
> you might or might not want to get an IPv6 allocation from

Oh, I'm going to end up with a /32 either way.  I'm just pointing out
that rereading that page confused and scared me that I was committing
the company to an expensive proposition that not everyone in the
company supports.  It seems to be not different than before, so
*shrug* but wow it was hard to get that clear.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek

Silicon Valley Colocation