[arin-ppml] ["Lying Idle"]

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Wed Oct 22 11:10:40 EDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 11:03:56PM -0700, Jo Rhett wrote:
> On Oct 21, 2008, at 3:53 PM, bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:
> >	this is patently false Jo. ARIN has put forth effort and
> >	continues to do so.  As Leslie mentioned last week, all
> >	the /8 holders have had outreach - and there are some
> >	14,000+ outstanding cases pending.  If Legacy Holders
> >	don't know, they should soon.
>

> Patently false how?  From my own experience, that we discussed during
> lunch last week:  I had 3 legacy blocks which I was the primary
> contact for.  I had misunderstood the RSA contract to mean that these
> blocks were covered under the RSA I signed for new blocks assigned.
> This situation persisted for 13 years (admittedly 2 of which predate
> ARIN) without me ever *EVER* receiving a single e-mail from ARIN
> saying "This block is not covered by an RSA.  Would you please fill
> this out and return it?" or any variant thereof.

	then our experiences differ. I've received mail from ARIN
	about a series of resources that were assigned pre-ARIN and would
	would I be willing to place them under some form of RSA.
	Granted, the contacts have been in the last 24 months, so there
	have been years when ARIN was busy w/ other things.

	perhaps I was part of a pilot group, I don't know.  I do know
	that Leslie reported that some 14,000 cases were in process
	(where process was identification, notification, etc...)

	Its clear that you have not had the same experience as I have.
	I am confident that soon you will.  I have found that using the
	secure login capability is very helpful in maintaining accurate
	data about the resources under ones stewardship.

> --
> Jo Rhett
> senior geek
> Silicon Valley Colocation