[arin-ppml] Some observations on the differences in thevarioustransfer policy proposals

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Mon Oct 20 11:59:26 EDT 2008

> Just for the record, Tom's analogies between banking/currency
> and the management of IP addresses have no foundation in
> economic theory.

Given that banking principles have a foundation in economic
theory, and that Tom's analogies attempted to relate this
stuff to IP address management, I would say that your
statement above is clearly wrong.

> IP addresses are NOT a medium of exchange, store of value,
> and unit of account; routing bloat is NOT "inflation;" etc. etc.

Yes, we know that. An analogy is an analogy, a metaphor is a metaphor
and so on. Why are you telling us these basics of English Lit 101?

--Michael Dillon