[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: IPv4 Recovery Fund

Eliot Lear lear at cisco.com
Mon Nov 24 14:58:28 EST 2008

On 11/24/08 6:23 PM, Kevin Kargel wrote:
> The pool will exist as it does today...  Even if the pool is empty there
> is still a pool...

If your goal is to NOT reclaim IPv4 addresses, fair enough.  There is a
demonstrated inability of ARIN to reclaim any substantial amount of
addresses, and the problem is not limited to ARIN, but impacts other
RIRs as well.  Good will just isn't what it used to be, I guess.

However, you claimed a community interest and I would like to understand
why you think the community is best served in your vision of the world.
Or do you find it sufficient to attack other peoples' visions?

Eliot