[arin-ppml] FW: The Library Book Approach to IPv4 Scarcity

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Thu Nov 13 15:39:13 EST 2008

On Nov 13, 2008, at 6:55 AM, Kevin Kargel wrote:

> It seems to me that I was the one who responded in kind to an
> attack.  You
> called my administration in to question first, so your response is an
> example of the pot calling the kettle black.  Lose your own attitude.

I never attacked you.  I have only pointed out the obvious.  It's in
your contract, and it's clear in the mission statements of ARIN that
they take this seriously.  As well they should.

> I maintain that without an audit after a year or more time the
> validity of
> data is questionable.  To provide ARIN with accurate data an audit
> should be

We build our switch configurations from our database.  The only
possible thing an audit might find is a customer who is continuing to
pay us but no longer using the service.  Which doesn't mean that they
won't, so it is hardly an auditing crisis.

> performed.  This is what we all are responsible to ARIN to do.  This
> takes
> more time than plugging a few numbers from a spreadsheet to a form.
> I don't
> know about your organization but mine does not need another admin
> task, even
> if it is just a few hours a year.

You already have that task.  It's in your contract.

As I've said the same thing for 5 exchanges running, I'm going to
avoid responding again.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek