[arin-ppml] The Library Book Approach to IPv4 Scarcity

Rob Friedman rfriedman at npwireless.com
Wed Nov 12 20:10:22 EST 2008

John Santos wrote:
> How the hell am I supposed to do that as a software developer when
> A) I can't get IPv6 space from ARIN and B) I can't get it from my ISP?
>
> (I have a legacy class C, so I'm fine for IPv4.)

Just a thought, there are a few other providers of IPV6 network
addressing using IPV6-in-4 tunnels, which is perfectly usable for
testing or software development.  It is a very simple process to request
a network from each of these two below.  The only real requirements are
a working email address for registration, and a machine to run the
tunnel(s) for you.

http://go6.net/4105/freenet.asp

http://www.sixxs.net/main/

--