[arin-ppml] FW: The Library Book Approach to IPv4 Scarcity

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Wed Nov 12 17:19:39 EST 2008

On Nov 12, 2008, at 4:46 AM, Kevin Kargel wrote:
> If you have enough staff to add unnecessary admin functions then
> perhaps
> downsizing would be a better option for you than justifying your job
> with

First, lose the attitude problem.

Second, no -- we run on a skeletal staff.  This is why good tracking
of our resources is crucial.

> position without even looking at my database.  It sounds like that
> is what
> you are promoting, don't take the time to check, just fill in the
> blanks..

No, I'm saying that you have a responsibility to ARIN and the other
ARIN members to use your resources efficiently.  You cannot do that
without good documentation.

I answered this e-mail to attempt to clear up any confusion.  But I
won't be responding to any more e-mails of this type.  Attacks and
hyperbole advance nothing.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek